KAPOKO BIKE PARK
As the season changes and summer begins, Afriski Mountain Resort transforms into a mountain biking destination for all mountain bike disciplines and at 3222m above sea level it is a one of a kind experience…. The Kapoko bike park offers around 5 features, as well as a jumpline to keep all mountain bike enthusiasts challenged and entertained throughout their stay at Afriski.
Mountain Biking at 3222m
Afriski Mountain Resort has focused on creating a mountain biking destination for all levels of mountain bikers out there, we have a wide variety of tracks and routes that will suit the needs of a variety of riders. Don’t forget that we are the only mountain biking destination in southern Africa that has a lift assist T-bar that gets you back to the top of the mountain in under 7minutes. Our mounain bike offering includes the following:
- +- 40km of groomed trails
- 5 Enduro stages
- 5 Downhill tracks (which include the UCI African Continental Cup Track and South African Cup Series tracks)
- A 6km XCO track (official UCI African Continental Cup)
- Untouched bridal paths
- Marathon routes
- Slope Style course with multiple features and jump lines
- GPS guided out rides to the Escarpment, which overlooks KZN and allows you a glimpse of the famous Amphitheatre. These views cannot be explained and you need to see them for yourself.
- A kids pump track.
- GoldiLocks, the newest addition to our trail network. With 10.3km’s of mountain biking bliss, running from the top of the resort all the way down to the Malbamatso river, Goldilocks will provide you with non-stop fun.
- We are busy constructing a 5km flowtrail which will start from the top of the slope and wind its way down to finsih back at the ski lift for your next run. Enjoy the variety of having a trail where very little peddling is required, but the benefits of berms and turns are still there.
MTB weekend packages
These packages are all inclusive of your accommodation, meals, trail fees and lift access, with a variety of options to fit your budget. Keep an eye on our website for dates of our MTB weekends all summer long so you have the opportunity to plan your next MTB adventure….
OUR TRAIL CONSULTANTS
- Tiaan Odendaal on the DH tracks.
- Armand du Toit on the XC & Enduro trails.
- Rueben Storbeck is Afriski’s resident winter-park designer and is currently heading up The Kapoko Park mountain bike trails. Rueben has developed exciting trails with breathtaking views.
This is how mountain biking is done. This is Afriski Summer.